Voorhees College is seeking applications for the position of Head Men’s Basketball Coach / Booster Club Coordinator. The successful candidate will oversee the planning and administration of all aspects of the Men’s Basketball Program. The candidate will also be responsible for the creation, organization, growth and success of the Athletics Booster Club, in consultation with the Director of Athletics and the Vice President.
PRESIDENTIAL CHARGE AND SCOPE OF APPOINTMENT
Relationship to College’s Mission and Presidential Focus: The Mission of Voorhees College is to produce highly qualified graduates who coalesce intellect and faith in pursuit of life-long learning, healthy living, the betterment of society, and an abiding faith in God. In accordance with the mission, Dr. W. Franklin Evans, the 9th President of Voorhees College has issued the charge and call to action articulated through the mantra: Begin. Believe. Become. President Evans believes and expects that Voorhees College will be nationally recognized as a premier, comprehensive liberal arts institution focused on student success, excellence and integrity. In this quest, greater emphasis will be placed on high performing learners, highly-accomplished faculty and staff, an involved community, and a supportive and dedicated alumni base. To that end, the Division of Academic Affairs seeks to re-design, launch, and elevate co-curricular and experiential learning programs at Voorhees College leading to Academic Excellence and Distinction.
- Recruitment and retention of qualified student athletes
- Training and skill development of student-athletes
- Team travel
- Budget Management
- Issuing Grant-in-Aid to Student Athletes
- Developing rules and regulations regarding general conduct of student athletes
- Reporting statistical data to National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) and Association of Independent Institutions (A.I.I.)
- Working directly with school athlete trainer in reporting injuries
- Model good sportsmanship behavior and maintain appropriate conduct towards opposing team, fans, parents, officials, spectators and community.
- Ensure compliance with Voorhees College, NAIA and A.I.I. policies, rules and regulations.
- Cultivate former student athletes to join the Booster Club
- Create appropriate record keeping systems for tracking donor participation
- Prepare or cause to have prepared all content and materials needed for fundraising with the Booster Club including meeting with former student athletes
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Applicant must have organized and competitive basketball coaching experience, collegiate head coach experience is desired.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills required.
- Successful candidate must possess the ability to establish effective relationships with all constituent groups associated with Voorhees College.
Follow link below for complete job posting and application information.
Please submit an employment application, cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications for the position, curriculum vitae/resume, names and contact information of three (3) professional references, relevant transcript(s), and 10-year driving record to apply
Review of applications will begin August 21, 2020.