The purpose of this position is to recruit and coach student athletes, and to schedule and direct workouts, practices, scrimmages, and games for the Men’s Basketball team according to National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) and Iowa Community College Athletic Conference (ICCAC) rules and regulations. Position will have responsibilities in various Student Services areas whenever off-season.
- Provides an environment for successful recruitment and retention of student athletes.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the men’s basketball team including workouts, practices, scrimmages, and games.
- Supports the development of student athletes’ success in the classroom and in their respective sport.
- Coordinates travel and prepares game schedule for the men’s basketball team.
- Provides game day management and transportation to sporting events.
- Collaborates with administration on all topics related to student athletic initial and continuing eligibility guidelines established by NJCAA.
- Ensures compliance with NJCAA, ICCAC, and WITCC rules and regulations.
- Orders and maintains inventory of equipment and uniforms for men’s basketball team within allocated budget.
- Assists with program and department fundraising.
- Recruits, trains, and supervises assistant coaches and graduate assistants.
- Uses database applications to create and manage files and communicate information, maintaining confidentiality.
- Communicates effectively orally and in writing to a diverse population of students.
- Advance and advocate a campus climate that values diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Experience coaching applicable sport at the high school or college level.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field preferred.
- Previous experience working with and mentoring students from diverse backgrounds.
- State of Iowa coaching authorization or ability to obtain.
- Valid driver’s license. Commercial Driver’s License preferred or willing to obtain.