Official Title: Part Time Contractor – Head Men’s Basketball Coach
Functional Title: Part Time Contractor – Head Men’s Basketball Coach
FLSA Status: Exempt
General Statement of Duties: The primary responsibility of this position is instructing student athletes in the rules and fundamentals of the sport of basketball.
Supervision Received: Director of Athletics
Supervision Exercised: N/A
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and coordinate all aspects of teaching skills and strategies for the sport of basketball during practice and games in the traditional and non-traditional seasons giving the student-athletes a great experience with the best chance to be successful on and off the basketball court.
- Provide individual instruction as permitted by the governing rules of the NCAA in the sport of basketball.
- Hiring, supervising and evaluating of assistant coaches.
- Coordinate team logistics with Athletic Department staff and other support personnel such as rosters, managers, game and practice schedules, etc.
- Adhere to and support all rules, conditions and regulations as set forth by Worcester State University, Conference affiliations and the National Collegiate Athletic Association pertaining to all aspects of the team’s management.
- Serves as mandated Title IX Responsible Employee and Campus Security Authority.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive recruiting plan.
- Will have a strong focus on student-athlete retention, the education of student-athlete life skills, and academic progress toward graduation.
- Perform active alumni engagement on a consistent basis with former student-athletes and/or supporters of the Worcester State University men’s basketball program.
- Create a team community initiative(s) that all members of the men’s basketball program participate and are advocates of.
- Collaborate with the Advancement Department to create a fundraising campaign(s) that will enhance the men’s basketball program.
- Accountable for ensuring that affirmative action, equal opportunity, and diversity are integrally tied to all actions and decisions in areas of responsibility.