Oversee the daily operations of a successful Division I Athletics team. This position is for the use of the Athletics Department only.
About the Department and/or College
Texas Tech University participates in the NCAA Division I and is a founding member of the Big 12 Conference. The Athletics program proudly promotes its mission, “To Educate, Serve and Grow Fearless Champions,” by supporting more than 400 student athletes in 17 different sports.
Assistant Coaches Support
- Assistant Coaches Travel – Work with Travel Agent to make sure all flights, hotel and transportation is booked.
- Coordinate purchase of Recruiting Packets or Tournament Admission Fees prior to the trip.
- Process all Compliance and University paperwork before and after the trip.
- General administrative/clerical duties.
- Process all University required paperwork before and after each trip.
- Support coordination of all Team Travel including flight manifests and rooming lists.
- Assist with Post Season Travel arrangements for team and travelers outside of the team – family, TTU Athletic Staff, donors, etc.
Home and Away Competitions/ Tickets
- Assist in preparing and processing contracts for MTE non-conference home games.
- Assist with basketball tickets for Home and Away games for staff.
- Prepare and distribute per diem post game and during vacation periods.
- Process all necessary paperwork to the Compliance Office including: recruiting travel, official and unofficial visits, student athlete travel and per diem, competition form, entertainment form and occasional meal form.
- Assist in coordinating Official Visits – work with Travel Agent to book flights, hotel and ground transportation. Coordinate itinerary and meeting and tour requests with individuals on campus including President’s Office, Chancellor’s office and Department contact of PSA interested major. Coordinate restaurant and catering reservations. Oversee completion of all Compliance and University required paperwork related to the visit.
- Manage FRONTRUSH data entry including; HS Coaches Pass list, recruits, unofficial and official visits and recruiting travel.
- Manage Recruiting Subscriptions requested by the Assistant Coaches. Process all necessary Compliance paperwork for each subscription.
- Serve as the liaison for all Procurement card and Citi Bank card purchases. Document all purchases to the master expense report. Submit monthly expense reports.
- Set up vendors and process payments for program purchases in Tech Buy.
General Support/ Additional Duties
- Assist with the planning and logistics of all events involving Texas Tech Basketball. This includes Game-Day Activities and Events, Staff and Player Community Service events any other events affiliated with the program.
- Orders office supplies for office.
- Assist with the processing of both new and transitioning employees. This includes all human resources activities and any other associated tasks.
- Greet guests, answer incoming phone calls. Distribute daily mail. Send and receive packages as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in related field plus one to three years of experience related to the position.
- Master’s degree in related field plus 1-3 years administrative experience with a Division 1 Power 5 basketball program.
- Able to proficiently use Microsoft Office, especially Outlook, Excel and Word. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of NCAA Compliance rules/regulations. Knowledge of basic procurement/purchasing and basic office administrative procedures.
- Able to process large quantities of paperwork accurately and in compliance with University and NCAA regulations.
- Knowledge of Texas Tech specific purchasing, travel and compliance systems (TechBuy, Concur, FRONTRUSH).
- Experience planning events.