Under the general supervision of the Director of Athletics, Men’s Basketball Assistant Coach will assists the Head Coach with the duties of developing and managing a successful Basketball program at Paul Smith’s College. This is a part-time, seasonal position, approximately October 1 – March 1; other dates as requested.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of an effective program to identify student-athlete prospects for the Basketball program;
- Assists with recruiting activities to include attendance and participation in Open Houses and Orientation which adheres to College and USCAA policies and procedures;
- Provides effective supervision of Basketball student-athletes in the practice areas, competition and life management, including travel;
- Assists in maintaining a system to provide accurate records regarding individual and team performance for the college, regional and national conferences;
- Assists in the coordination of team travel and similar responsibilities for out-of-town Basketball matches;
- Assists head coach in recruiting efforts for program;
- Actively participates in the Student – Athlete Recognition Event;
- Serves as a role model for student athletes;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree;
- Minimum of two years experience coaching, preferably on the college level;
- Working knowledge of rules and strategies related to intercollegiate Basketball;
- Effective planning and organizational skills;
- Ability to effectively communicate with student athletes, faculty, staff and the community;
- Ability to work cooperatively with cooperatively with faculty, staff, student and constituent groups outside the college to support the continued enhancements and development of the men’s Basketball program;
- Ability to develop an organized program of training to ensure success in intercollegiate Basketball completion;
- Ability to provide leadership to student athletes to encourage both successful academic development and competitive performance;
- Possesses, or is willing to obtain current CPR and First Aid certifications
- Is willing to work evenings and weekends
- Possesses valid NY driver’s license, and has a motor vehicle record that meets the College’s approved driver standard.
- Experience in recruitment and team management of an intercollegiate athletic program;