This position coordinates and oversees daily activities associated with the University’s player development program. The incumbent prepares and maintains reports identifying at risk student-athletes, coordinates and manages player development initiatives, and monitors at risk student-athletes.
Examples of Work Performed
- Coordinates player development programs and initiatives.
- Assists with implementing player development programs to support student-athletes’ transition into college environment.
- Assists with coordinating personal development initiatives and community service activities designed for student-athletes.
- Coordinates visits for parents of prospective student-athletes.
- Assists in coordination of sports camps and clinics.
- Identifies and monitors at-risk student-athletes.
- Serves as point of contact for student-athletes to disclose personal issues and/or concerns.
- Serves as a liaison with compliance officer to ensure compliance with SEC and NCAA recruiting and eligibility rules and regulations.
- Works with university departments to ensure player needs are addressed and met as they relate to academics and/or personal problems.
- Refers troubled student-athletes to appropriate departments/agencies and ensures proper support is given.
- Ensures all assigned tasks are in compliance with department, University, Southeastern Conference, and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Performs similar or related duties as assigned or required.
These essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following. Additional essential functions may be identified and included by the hiring department.
- Oversees daily activities associated with player development programs.
- Coordinates and manages player development initiatives.
- Identifies and monitors at risk student-athletes.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
One (1) year of experience related to the above described duties.
Substitution Statement: Related experience may be substituted for education, on a basis set forth and approved by the Department of Human Resources.
Any candidate who is called for an interview must notify the Department of Equal Opportunity/Regulatory Compliance in writing of any reasonable accommodation needed prior to the date of the interview.