The position will assist the head coach and the assistant coaches in the oversight and management of a NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball program and the successful candidate will be expected to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Assist the head coach and the assistant coaches in the administrative and operations functions related to the scheduling, planning and preparation for all team meetings, practice sessions and competition events;
- Coordinate necessary administrative duties in support of the Men’s Basketball program to monitor the well-being, status and progress of student-athletes including, but not limited to, assistance with program external relations with various departments and offices on campus including admissions, financial aid, enrollment services, student affairs, residential services, Promise office, career services, alumni relations and any related student services office;
- Assist with all on campus recruiting visits and other recruiting duties.
- Assist with men’s basketball camp programming and operations.
- Work closely with head coach, assistant coaches and other men’s basketball program operations staff in the day to day business operations of the men’s basketball program;
- Develop and implement programs to assist student-athletes in their transition into and management of the college environment as well as post-graduate planning; and
- Participate in other program related duties as assigned by the head coach.
- Two (2) years of collegiate men’s basketball program operations experience.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills to effectively and appropriately manage program operations functions, interact with student-athletes and engage in effective communication with campus departments/offices.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations and a record of commitment to NCAA compliance.