Duties would include but not be limited to the following.
- Coordinate all travel for the team, book flights, hotels, buses and meals.
- Work directly with the Sports Medicine staff in planning pre-game and post-game meals both home and away, including any other team meals both in and out of season.
- Work with compliance to make sure all of our CARA logs and recruiting logs were kept up to date and accurate.
- Would assist the head coach in scheduling for the future, communicating with future opponents about dates and availability.
- Assist the head coach with budgeting, keeping track of expenditures, ensuring that the men’s basketball program stays within budget.
- Oversee team managers and video staff, making sure that all practices were properly staffed and filmed.
- Schedule practice and workout times with the athletic department, so that there would be organized time in which the team has the court.
- Assist with community relations and deal with donors that may want to travel with the team or set up a community event.
- Be in charge of the basketball day camps and team camps.
NAU is currently engaged in an Organizational Growth and Effectiveness Initiative, which focuses on positioning the University for future success of its operational practices. As a result, some aspects of this position may be subject to change, such as, but not limited to: duties, titles, reporting structure, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree
- One year of basketball operations experience at the collegiate or high school level
- Master’s degree
- Minimum of two years experience in basketball operations at the collegiate level
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of intercollegiate athletics and NCAA rules and regulations
- Effective communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively with people from a variety of diverse backgrounds