The Player Development Coach will serve to assist the coaching staff in all video, on-campus recruiting and other office duties. Additionally, this individual is responsible for preparing student-athletes for personal, academic, and athletic success, by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Understand and agree to abide by the mission of CBU and the CBU Athletics Department.
- Coordinate all basketball scouting videos, utilizing expertise in video software such as HDI, Synergy, and Ken Pom.
- Assist coaching staff with reviewing film and material for scouting assignments of opponents.
- Coordinate filming of practice and basketball games on the road and at home.
- Organize recruiting highlights and clip tapes for players.
- Oversee international recruiting and transition for international students.
- Manage evaluations and contacts for the NCAA transfer portal.
- Manage and update the men’s basketball recruiting database through the department’s compliance software.
- Assists with on-campus visits; including but not limited to booking travel; planning visit itineraries and photoshoots, and coordinating meetings with other campus departments.
- Coordinate academic schedules to reduce missed class time and manage NCAA academic initial and progress towards degree requirements for NCAA eligibility.
- Generate innovative content for social media distribution. Work closely with Athletics Communications and Athletic Marketing on social media content.
- Assist with obtaining transcripts, and managing the NCAA eligibility review process with other campus departments, such as the Registrar’s Office, Admissions, and Financial Aid.
- Assist with basketball camp planning, organization, advertising, and day-to-day operations of basketball camps.
- Create and implement individual development plans to ensure student-athletes needs are met.
- Oversees nutrition and strength and conditioning plans for student-athletes, and manages data related to both areas.
- Coordinates with Athletic academic counselors to develop and implement academic progress plans using university degree guides and progress towards degree requirements.
- Adhere to all institutional, conference, and NCAA by-laws and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Coach or Director of Athletics.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES : This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving direction to part-time Student Workers, in order to complete office work assignments
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES : To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures, and practices.
- Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
- Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student body.
- Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Strong organizational skills and detailed oriented.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent telephone courtesy knowledge and experience.
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events.
- Knowledge of standard budgeting and expenditure control procedures and documentation.
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Ability to travel, including domestic/international air travel, and work nights/weekends.