Assists in the University’s Athletics programs to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations as well as administering activities and operations related to the applicable sports program. Responsible for assisting Head Coach with operations, services and activities associated with the program and student-athletes, including recruiting of student-athletes, fiscal management, travel, inventory, marketing, community involvement and applicable sports duties related to practice and games.
Description of Duties
- Assists with the identification, recruitment and selection of quality student-athletes and maintains contact with prospective student-athletes.
- Develops and maintains a diverse and comprehensive network of contacts to successfully recruit nationally and internationally.
- Serves as liaison between sport supervisor including facilities, marketing and promotions, game operations, ticket and media relations.
- Assists with the development of marketing strategies for recruiting prospective student-athletes and community engagement.
- Assists with alumni and community relations and outreach.
- Manages all logistics of team travel and coordinates, organizes and collaborates with vendors regarding team travel, meal arrangements, and team practice sites.
- Monitors student-athletes’ academic progress, performance and retention to support graduation.
- Oversees day to day expenses and develops projections as it relates to the applicable sports budgeting process.
- Coordinates all aspects of prospective athlete official visits, coaches recruiting travel, recruiting weekends, and overall recruiting coordination within NCAA bylaws.
- Organizes and maintains accurate inventory of applicable sports equipment and uniforms.
- Oversees marketing, outreach and administrative duties for camp activities
- Demonstrate knowledge, understanding, and commitment to University, NCAA, and WAC compliance rules and regulations.
- Tracks prospects and current student athletes in NCAA Clearinghouse, with NCAA certification, with NCAA satisfactory progress, and with individual student athlete eligibility.
- Assist with the organization and planning of practice and competitive strategies.
- Performs other duties as needed.