he Chicago Bulls are seeking a highly motivated and organized Coordinator to join our growing Player Development and Team Services department. We are seeking an individual with strong relationship building skills and a background in player relations and team operations/logistics. If you are detail and deadline oriented with previous experience working within the dynamic and fast-paced environment of a professional sports organization, you could be a potential match for this role.
As a Coordinator, you will report directly into the Senior Manager of Player Development and Team Services and serve as a resource of support for the player’s professional, personal and social development. You will also be heavily involved in assisting with logistics involving team operations.
You will have hands-on involvement with our players and basketball operations staff and will be responsible for the following:
- Develop strong trusting relationships with players, their families and close friends
- Assist with planning/coordinating and executing of off the court player development initiatives and programming (i.e. finance/money management, career transitioning)
- Participate in all NBA Player Development monthly conference calls as well as attend annual meetings
- Serve as secondary contact for the family room during home games
- Assist with coordinating player ticket requests at all home games
- Assist in fostering a family environment for our players. I.E. implementing and executing player-bonding activities throughout the season (team trips, team dinners, individual player dinners)
- Assist with player travel and the transition/relocation of new players (i.e. free agents, traded players, drafted players) to Chicago
- Responsible for planning and coordinating player mandated NBA Team Awareness meetings
- Help coordinate player appearances with the community relations department
- Assist with serving as a liaison between basketball operations and business operations
- Assist players with obtaining passports, driver licenses, social security cards, etc.
- Responsible for uploading and maintaining the teams schedule during the season via our communications platform, Teamworks
- Serve as primary player development and team services contact when traveling
- Serve as primary hotel contact for the team while on the road:
- Make changes to room list – room removal, player requests for additions, etc.
- Confirm and change meeting room locations and times
- Assist traveling support staff with luggage distribution with hotel bell staff
- Serve in the capacity of air/ground transportation contact when traveling
- Work closely with Delta flight coordinator prior to each flight segment
- Confirm travel manifest prior to departure and make appropriate changes to manifest if necessary
- Assist with managing requests for changing flight departure times as requested by the Head Coach and Basketball Operations executives
- Troubleshoot if problems arise with air travel – plane delayed, mechanical problems, etc.
- Confirm ground transportation and appropriate spot time for buses and/or truck when team arrives in a city
- Confirm spot times for bus/truck for shoot around, practice and games
- In charge of the distribution of player and coaching staff tickets and per diem when traveling
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Experience:
The team is looking to place a highly organized self-starter who is great at building and maintaining relationships. You could be a potential match for this role if you have a strong mix of the following:
- 2+ years in sports or experience in similar role
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Present self in a professional manner and able to interact with all levels within the organization and outside contacts
- Ability to communicate articulately and confidently with individuals at every level of the organization both written and verbally
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Able to work flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays as well as travel with the team
- Ability to collaborate with different departments both on the business and basketball side
- Strong interpersonal skills and flexibility to work within a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to meet challenging demands, and adapt to frequent changes in the work environment
- Ability to problem solve, use good judgement, and keep information confidential