The Special Assistant to the Head Coach assists and advises the Head Men’s Basketball Coach & coaching staff by conducting various assignments while ensuring adherence to all policies, procedures and regulations required of the program. This is a voluntary position where no compensation is provided and hours will be required to include early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Interstate and intrastate travel is required to include overnight stays.
- Assist with special projects assigned by the Head Men’s Basketball Coach.
- Assist with the overall practice and game day preparation, statistical analysis, and video analysis of opposing teams.
- Assist with self-scouting of offensive, defensive and special team’s schemes.
- Travel with coaching staff and team to provide statistical and coaching support.
- Assist with the organization of team travel and coordination of team travel arrangements – e.g., transportation, off-site practices, and meals.
- Assists in coordinating on-campus official and unofficial visits, and in developing recruiting materials.
- Help oversee the student managers’ involvement in practice, game day, and video responsibilities.
- Represents the College in donor/alumni relations and community programs.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with basketball as a former player, manager, coach, or support staff member at an elite level.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills to enhance interaction with student-athletes, peers, alumni, administrative personnel, and the community. Relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
- Relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
- Proficiency in computer & technology uses and relevant Microsoft & Apple applications
- Availability and willingness to work weekends and evenings
- Experience as a member of a collegiate men’s basketball coaching staff
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record and insurability
Salary Range: Volunteer
- May work in all weather conditions
- May work in extreme temperatures
- May work around standard office conditions
- Repetitive use of a keyboard at a workstation
- Use of manual dexterity
- Lifting and moving
- 3 work references with their contact information; at least one reference should be from a supervisor