Brown University Athletics and Recreation is currently seeking candidates for the Video Operations Coordinator, Men’s Basketball position. Located in Providence, Rhode Island, and a member of the Ivy League, our intercollegiate athletics program consists of 34 varsity teams with approximately 1,000 athletes who participate within the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA-D1).
All department employees are required to demonstrate exemplary ethical conduct and conformance to NCAA rules and regulations; the duties of the position are to be performed in compliance with all NCAA, Ivy League and ECAC rules and regulations; and any rules violations on behalf of themselves or any knowledge of violations within the department are to be reported to the appropriate parties. Employees in coaching positions are required to pass the NCAA Coaches Certification Test.
This is an 11-month, fixed term position.
- Work closely with all Men’s Basketball staff members administratively, including the Operations Coordinator, to support, develop, and grow the Men’s Basketball student-athletes.
- Assist with all video coordination of program including all practices, games, opponents’ games.
- Assist with all aspects of team travel logistics.
- Supervise and schedule all student manager shifts.
- Assist with in-practice statistics and in-game charting as determined by head coach.
- Help coordinate communication from head coach, including email.
- Assist with all on-campus recruiting logistical efforts.
- Responsible for input of all compliance forms into the ARMS system for Men’s Basketball.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 1-2 years related experience in basketball (collegiate playing, coaching or operations); Division I experience preferred.
- Excellent computer, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Experience planning and organizing team travel preferred.
- Attention to detail and communication skills (written and verbal) skills preferred.
- Experience planning and organizing basketball team travel.
- Demonstrated ability to interact positively with student-athletes, parents, alumni, colleagues and the public.
- Strong commitment to the welfare of student-athletes.
- Ability to independently coordinate multiple tasks at one time.
- Knowledge and understanding of, and commitment to compliance with, NCAA, ECAC, Ivy and University rules and regulations regarding operations.
- Demonstrated ability to support a community of diverse perspectives and cultures in an inclusive environment.
- The successful candidate for this position will be required to complete criminal background and DMV checks satisfactory to Brown University prior to commencing employment.