The Chicago Bulls are seeking a highly motivated and organized Youth Basketball Coordinator to join our growing Marketing team. We are seeking an individual with a youth basketball background who has a real passion for the brand, is detail and deadline oriented, and someone who would thrive in the dynamic and fast-paced environment of a professional sports organization.
You will collaborate with departments across the Bulls front office to support the activation and administrative duties of youth basketball programs, brand initiatives, as well as event and grassroots projects aimed at reaching and connecting with new and existing fans.
As the Youth Basketball Coordinator, you will have hands-on involvement in a variety of youth programs and functions that support our strategic direction. More specifically, you will be responsible for the following:
- Liaison between coaches and park districts/facilities who run our programming
- Responsible for daily administrative tasks for the planning and execution of youth basketball programs
- Assisting with the activation of youth programs and Jr. NBA events including scheduling of gyms, staffing coaches, enrollment monitoring, equipment load in and load out, etc.
- Coaching camps and clinics when necessary
- Building and updating necessary data reports and program schedules and timelines
- Assist with travel team operations including communication with players and parents, building game schedules, registering for shootouts, distribution of game schedules, uniform distribution, etc.
- Researching grassroots basketball in the Chicagoland area to build and grow contact database.
- Booking court rentals at our external youth facility
- Responsible for ordering and managing inventory of uniforms, giveaways, and any additional program items
- Support Marketing team with development of presentations, special projects and coordination of group meetings
- Participate in the development of strategy, activation, and miscellaneous marketing related efforts
- Develop detailed recaps for org-wide initiatives aimed at providing a snapshot of the team’s efforts, impact and key insights from the activation
The team is looking to place a highly organized self-starter who works well across departments and has direct experience into this role. You could be a potential match for this role if you have a strong mix of the following:
- 2+ years of full-time relevant experience preferred
- Knowledge of the youth basketball landscape
- Playing/Coaching experience preferred with a focus in youth basketball coaching
- Experience with event planning
- Highly skilled in project management, specifically working on large project implementations that require partnership to meet deadlines and deliverables
- Strong interpersonal skills and flexibility to work within a rapidly changing environment
- Strong communication (both written and verbal) with the ability to present ideas clearly and concisely
- Experience with managing a budget for large and small work projects
- Experience working with children
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Works effectively and quickly in a dynamic environment
- Reliable form of transportation
Note that this role requires flexible work hours and may include work outside of normal office hours during the business week and on weekends. This role will split time between the United Center and on site at camps and clinics.