The Dallas Mavericks are currently seeking a Youth Basketball Coordinator.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overseeing the duties and functions of the Dallas Mavericks Youth Basketball programs including, but not limited to:
- Hoop Camp: management of the following – all camp related telephone calls, faxes and emails; enrollment processing (online, mail-in, phone registration); database management; customer service; goal and equipment moving; and all Hoop Camp paperwork (including check-in). Management of data entry for all team divisions, management and organization of waivers and medical releases, and facilitating camp mailings: confirmations, brochures, directions, vouchers, etc. Ordering of camp jerseys, working with in-house Graphic Designer on numerous projects (coaches shirts, manual, certificates, evaluation forms, etc). Ordering and keeping inventory of Camp Merch Store. Ensuring the various printed materials are printed and delivered to camp each week, etc. Attend Camp related meetings
- Dallas Mavericks Basketball Leagues/Jersey Program: Management of the following – league development; relationship building with partner agencies; and ordering, processing, billing of league jerseys—ensuring the Mavs receive payment. and management of league paperwork, league related phone calls and emails, and mailings.
- Ballkid Program/Mavs Basketball Academy Coaches duties include: Assisting Youth Basketball Manager and Youth Basketball Director with the fulfillment of various tasks/events, including: Coaches Clinic, Hoop Camp Coaches Meeting, Ballkid Selection—mailing of letters, Ballkid Meeting, Ballkid Uniforms, etc.
- Mavs Basketball Academy Programs: Assist Youth Basketball Manager and Youth Basketball Director with the planning and execution of all Youth Basketball Programs including Elite Camp, Mini Mavs, Skills Training, One Day Hoop Camps, Mavs Experience, Dance Camp, and the Coaches Association.
- Marketing and Community Basketball Events: Assist Marketing Operations Manager and Youth Basketball Manager with the planning and execution of marketing/community basketball events including Jr. NBA Clinic, Reading and Learning Center Court Dedications, Community Outreach programs. This includes registration/waivers, sign in sheets, payment, gift bags as well as on site operations.
- Youth Tournaments/Mavs Fall Classic:Assist Youth Basketball Manager and Youth Basketball Director with the fulfillment of various tasks for Youth Tournaments and Mavs Fall Classic (High School Tournament). Duties will include on site score collection/updating brackets, coordinating clock and book workers, hospitality rooms, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
• One to three years experience in the sports industry
• Demonstrate knowledge of the principles, practices, and terminology of advertising, marketing, public relations programs
• Organize & prioritize work to meet deadlines.
• Work effectively under pressure in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
• Strong organizational skills, written & oral communication skills, team-oriented.
• Proficient with Windows: Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
• Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
• Strong knowledge of live events.