The search to replace John Brady at Arkansas State is heating up as the Red Wolves season winds down. Brady announced back in November that he was planning on resigning at the conclusion of the 2015-16 season (HoopDirt: Brady to Resign). ASU AD Terry Mohajir is a former Kansas administrator, so there are some who think he will lean on Bill Self for some guidance. I’m not sure what his plan is, but these are some of the names that I’ve heard so far surrounding the search:
- Stan Heath – Assistant Coach Boston College. Former head coach at Arkansas, South Florida, and Kent State. Has an overall career record of 209-207 in 13 seasons as a DI head coach. Also served as an assistant Tom Izzo at Michigan State.
- Bob Cantu – Assistant Coach UTEP. In his third season with the Miners, and 19th overall as a college coach. Spent twelve seasons as an assistant at USC where he served as the interim head coach for the final 15 games of the 2012-13 season.
- Butch Pierre – Associate Head Coach Oklahoma State. Has been on the staff at OSU since 2008. Also spent 11 years as an assistant at LSU where he worked for John Brady, and spent 10 games as the interim head coach for the Tigers after Brady was released.
- Darrell Walker – Former Raptors and Wizards Head Coach. Ten-year NBA veteran (1983-93). In addition to his stints as an NBA coach, has also been an assistant with the Hornets, Pistons, and Knicks. Played at both Arkansas and Arkansas-Fort Smith.
- Dwayne Stephens – Associate Head Coach Michigan State. Has been with Tom Izzo for the past 13 seasons. The former Spartan also spent 1999-2003 working for Tom Crean at Marquette.
- Steve Lutz – Assistant Coach Creighton. A Texas native who has been at Creighton since 2010. Has also been an assistant at SMU and Stephen F. Austin.