A few things I’ve heard as practices are finally getting under way…
- Juan Dixon, the all-time leading scorer at Maryland, who had spent the past three seasons there as the special assistant to the head coach, will be moving to the women’s side. According to reports, Dixon will be named as the head women’s basketball coach at the University of District Columbia after not having his contract renewed by Maryland this past spring. More HERE from our WBB site WHoopDirt.com.
- I have heard that the search at SUNY Cobleskill is down to three. Two are head coaches in NY State, and one is a DII assistant in the midwest. With DIII practice scheduled to start tomorrow, it will be interesting to see when this search wraps up. More as I hear it.
- I can confirm that Suffield Academy assistant coach Chris Smith is headed to the college ranks and will join Colin Tabb’s staff at Western New England University. Smith has also worked at the Salisbury School, and with the BABC. An official announcement is expected shortly.
- Jake Citron has been hired as an assistant coach at Trinity College (TX). He has previously served as an assistant at Nichols College, Springfield College, and Dean College.
- Cumberland County College (NJ) head coach Will Wareham has hired Justin Knight as an assistant coach. Knight played at Gwynedd Mercy University where he was a 1,000 point scorer. Wareham was an assistant at GMU while Knight played there.
- Santiago Canyon College has hired Todd Dixon as the schools first-ever men’s basketball coach. Dixon will spent this season recruiting, as the program will begin play in the 2017-18 season. SCC will participate in the CCCAA and compete in the Orange Empire Conference.