A few things to start the day…
- An interesting early name at William & Mary is former Georgetown and Princeton head coach John Thompson III. W&M AD Samantha Huge was the associate AD at Georgetown when JTIII was the Hoyas head coach. Obviously really early here though.
- I have heard Xavier assistant Jonas Hayes’ name mentioned a bunch of time surrounding the search at Kennesaw State. The Atlanta native joined the Xavier staff last spring after a run as an assistant at Georgia (his alma mater). No search firm helping with this one – I’ll have a better list here shortly.
- Interviews are underway in Las Vegas for the Cal Poly job. I can confirm that a Big West assistant interviewed on Tuesday. This one is moving quickly, and could be wrapped up soon.
- I have heard that a change has been made at NAIA Freed-Hardeman University. Jim Sanderson had been the head coach there for the past three seasons. The Lions went 7-23 (3-11) this past season. More on this when it becomes official.
- The search at DIII Clark University has entered the phone interview stage. There are 8-10 interviews scheduled for today, tomorrow, and Monday. I have heard that there are two assistants from Clark’s league (NEWMAC), two DIII head coaches (from out of the region), a DII assistant, and two DI assistants scheduled for calls. At least two of them are Clark alums.
- DII Midwestern State is on the hunt for a new head coach after Nelson Haggerty resigned earlier this week. I have heard that AD Kyle Williams has hired a search firm to help with this search – more on this one when I confirm who he is using.
- HoopDirt.com’s up-to-date list of men’s basketball coaching changes at all levels (DI, DII, DIII, NAIA, & JUCO) can be found HERE.