A bunch of things that I’ve heard…
- Last week, I mentioned four candidates at Eastern Kentucky (EKU DIRT). Two quick updates on this one…1. Purdue assistant Greg Gary needs to be added to the list. 2. I have heard that NC State’s AW Hamilton (on the list) interviewed earlier this week.
- I have heard that Utah State has narrowed their search to 4-5 candidates. It sounds like coaches in the mix here are Portland State head coach Barret Peery, UC Davis head coach Jim Les, and Gonzaga assistant Tommy Lloyd. Former Georgia head coach Mark Fox has also been linked to this one.
- Quick Evansville update…Sounds like Calbert Cheaney was on Campus on Monday, and Walter McCarty will be there today. It also sounds like Travis Steele is no longer in the mix (waiting to take over at X if Mack bounces??). The list of candidates can be found here: Evansville Search Update.
- It sounds like the staff at Maine is starting to take shape. I can confirm a report by Fox22 in Bangor that former Black Bear standout Kevin Reed and local HS coach Jason Coleman will be joining Richard Barron’s staff. Reed scored over 1,600 points in his career (2002-06) and played professionally after graduation. Coleman has been the head coach at Orono HS for the past seven seasons, and will serve in an administrative role.
- A name to keep an eye on at Winston Salem State is former Delaware head coach Monte Ross. He played at WSSU (1998-92) and spent ten seasons as the head coach at UD (2006-16). Ross has also been an assistant at Drexel and St. Joe’s.
- I have heard that the Alaska Fairbanks head coach Mick Durham is the name to watch at Montana State Billings. Durham grew up in Montana, played at Montana State, and spent 16 seasons as the head coach at his alma mater. Before becoming the head coach at Alaska, he was an assistant at New Mexico State.
- Staying in The Treasure State….MontanaSports.com has reported that current Montana Western head coach Steve Keller is headed to conference rival University of Providence (formerly University of Great Falls). Keller has been at Western for the past 11 seasons, and would replace Anthony Owens who was released earlier this month. More on this one when it becomes official.
- Two Pennsylvania DIII’s just opened. More on these shortly…
- The complete up-to-date list of coaching changes at all levels can he found here: HoopDirt.com Coaching Changes Tracker.