This is going to be a busy week. Here are a few things that I’ve heard…
- Missouri State is moving quickly in their search to replace Paul Lusk. I can confirm that no search firm will be used, instead AD Kyle Moats will chair a six person committee which includes MSU staff, faculty, and community members. Sounds like they are already compiling a list of coaches that they want to interview.
- Colorado State AD Joe Parker will also use a small committee, but will employ a search firm as well. Sounds like he wants this wrapped up within a month. Some good names being tossed around here including Utah assistant DeMarlo Slocum, Oklahoma assistant Chris Crutchfield, and South Dakota head coach Craig Smith.
- Some early names making the rounds as replacements for Tim O’Shea at Bryant…URI assistant coach Tom Moore, and Providence assistant Brian Blaney. Moore spent ten seasons as the head coach at Quinnipiac before joining Dan Hurley’s staff this year. Blaney has been on Ed Cooley’s staff at PC for the past seven seasons. It also sounds like a bunch of mid-major assistants are trying to get involved with this one.
- Marist head coach Mike Maker has received a vote of confidence from AD Tim Murray. There had been some questions about Maker’s future – the Red Foxes finished this season 6-25 and are 28-97 during Makers tenure. Apparently Murray feels that Maker is making progress in building the program…**Scratch that vote of confidence – Maker was fired today**
- Keep an eye on the Big West Conference. Multiple sources have told me one is opening there this week….
- I mentioned last week that a good NAIA Red River Conference job had opened. I can now confirm that Ryan Wall is no longer the head coach at Our Lady of the Lake University (TX). The Saints are currently 21-11 and will find out if they will receive a bid to the national tournament later this week. Assistant coach Michael Poindexter will be leading them in the interim. Wall had been the head coach there for the past five seasons.
- The complete up-to-date list of coaching changes at all levels can he found here: HoopDirt.com Coaching Changes Tracker.
- The HoopDirt.com Coach of the Week presented by Just Play Solutions winners were announced earlier today. The full list of winners from the DI, DII, DIII, NAIA, and JUCO levels can be found HERE. Nominations for next week’s award can be sent to: [email protected]