Today’s Daily Dirt…
- UNLV head coach Marvin Menzies is on the hunt for a new assistant to replace Rob Jeter who departed for Minnesota. The most interesting name at UNLV is David Padgett. The former Louisville interim head coach, who led the Cardinals to a 22-14 record this past season, is a Nevada native. He was a McDonalds All-American his senior season at Reno HS. More names as I hear them.
- I have heard that former Charlotte staffer Colby Lewis will fill the coordinator of basketball operations spot at UMBC. The spot opened when Griff Aldrich became the head coach at Longwood. Lewis worked as the video coordinator at Charlotte when UMBC head coach Ryan Odom was an assistant there.
- On campus interviews at Florida International are underway with at least one candidate on campus today. I have heard that they will be wrapped up by then end of the week, with an announcement coming shortly after that.
- I have heard that Joe Dooley is thinking about hiring at JUCO head coach as an assistant at East Carolina. It sounds like two are in the mix – a DI JC head coach from Florida, and one from the Midwest. More on these when I can.
- I have heard from a great source that Black Hills State assistant coach Jake Lindfors will become the new head coach at NJCAA DI Malcom X. Community College (Chicago).He had spent two seasons as an assistant at Elmhurst College (IL) before joining the BHSU staff last season. Lindfors played at Albany for three seasons before finishing his career Minnesota State-Moorhead. An official announcement is expected shortly.
- Some names that I’ve heard for the vacant DIII Marian University (WI) job are: Dick Diener (assistant coach Rockhurst University), Krayton Nash (assistant coach Minnesota Crookston), and Matt Lewis (assistant coach Wisconsin Oshkosh). I have also heard that current assistants Marcus Wiegert and Grant Monroe are in the mix.
- The complete up-to-date list of coaching changes at all levels can he found here: HoopDirt.com Coaching Changes Tracker.