A bunch of things that I’ve heard…
- Yesterday, I mentioned the easy/obvious staff additions at James Madison (Daily Dirt – 4/6). I’ve now heard of two more…It sounds like Mount St. Mary’s (MD) assistant Xavier Joyner and UMES assistant Calvin Baker will both be joining Mark Byington’s staff. Joyner has been at The Mount for the past three seasons, and worked with Nike Team Takeover AAU (DC) before that. Baker, who I’ve heard will be the director of recruiting at JMU, had also worked with Nike Team Takeover, and was a HS coach in VA before joining the UMES staff.
- Louisiana Monroe has two vacant assistant spots to fill. The two names that I keep hearing as involved here are Northwestern State (LA) assistant to the head coach Morris Scott, and a current JUCO head coach from
Louisiana(*CORRECTION – I meant Texas) (if you saw my TWEET from last night, this is one of the 3 I was talking about). More on this as I hear it.
- New Samford head coach Bucky McMillan said yesterday in his introductory press conference that he expects to add his former college coach Duane Reboul to his staff (sounds like in an administrative role). Reboul is an Alabama Sports Hall-of-Famer who went 402-124 (.764) in 17 seasons at Birmingham Southern. I’ve also heard Missouri State assistant Jake Headrick’s name mentioned here (a lot). The Alabama native is a former assistant at Samford.
- A few names that I have heard as possibilities for Brian Burg’s staff at Georgia Southern are Texas Tech administrative staffer Rusty Grafel and former SMU assistant Shawn Forrest. Before joining Chris Beard’s staff at Texas Tech, Grafel was the head coach at Colby CC (KS). Forrest is a veteran assistant, who in addition to his time at SMU, was an assistant at Western Kentucky, Louisiana Lafayette, North Texas, Arkansas State, and Florida A&M. Working on more names here as well.
- I keep hearing that new Western Illinois head coach Rob Jeter will add a JUCO guy to his staff. I’m pretty sure I know who it will be – more when I confirm it.
- NAIA Florida College will promote assistant Chase Teichmann to be their next head coach. He will replace Pat Todd who officially announced his resignation last night. Teichmann has spent the past three seasons on the FC staff. This one should be made official this afternoon.
- D2’s Maryville University (MO) and Southern Indiana are both making progress on their searches (Maryville recently head Skype interviews). Working to confirm names and will have better update on these soon.
Remember to follow HoopDirt.com on social media:
- You can also follow my personal Twitter for some random stuff I may say before it hits HD HERE.
- The up-to-date list of coaching changes at ALL levels can be found HERE.