Some quick hitters to wrap-up the week…
- I have heard that Tanner Smith will become an assistant at Kennesaw State. He has spent the past three seasons as the Director of Basketball Operations at Mississippi State. He played collegiately at Clemson, and later overseas. Smith also spent time on the staff at Charlotte.
- I have heard from a great source that Smith’s replacement at Mississippi State will be UNC Asheville assistant Mike Moynihan. He would be returning to the position that he that he left last spring when he joined the UNCA staff. In addition to Moynihan’s three seasons at MSU, he also worked in administrative roles at George Mason and Troy.
- Speaking of George Mason…current DBO Ted Rawlings will become the full-time assistant at DII Texas A&M-Commerce. Rawlings had been at Mason since 2016, and was at Brown in a similar role before that.
- ICYMI from earlier today – LeVelle Moton is hiring two new assistants….NC CENTRAL DIRT.
- It sounds like Jeff Reinert will be the choice at the College of Southern Idaho – he has officially resigned as the head coach at Santa Margarita HS (CA). There was a strong final group, including two DI JUCO head coaches and a MM DI assistant. Reinert was the head coach at Utah Valley (1994-2002), and also served as an assistant at Oregon State and Fresno State.
- DIII John Jay College assistant David Muchnick will be heading to NYU where he will become the top assistant. He will be replacing Dan Rickard who returned to Stony Brook as an assistant earlier this month. Muchnick had previously worked as the head coach at Maine Maritime.