A bunch of things that I’ve heard…
- Tim Maloney, an assistant at Iona last year, has become the head coach at Dunbar HS in Florida. Prior to joining the Iona staff last year, Maloney had spent eight seasons as the DBO at Baylor. He has also worked at Florida, UMass, Eastern Kentucky and Buffalo.
- I have heard that Elon College will add Bryson Gibson as the director of basketball operations. Gibson had spent the past two seasons as an assistant at his alma mater William Peace University (NC).
- It sounds like the leader at NAIA Indiana University Kokomo is former McKendree University (IL) assistant coach Eric Echelbarger. The 2003 McKendree grad had spent the past fifteen seasons on Harry Statham’s staff after wrapping up his playing career. An official announcement could come here by the end of the week.
- I have heard that DIII Lancaster Bible (PA) has wrapped up on-campus with the final two candidates late last week. I have heard that the finalists included a DII assistant and an NAIA assistant. It sounds like this one will be wrapped up any day.
- DIII Rhode Island College has scheduled 10-12 Skype interviews for their vacant men’s basketball position. I have heard that these will be wrapped up late next week with on-campus interviews coming shortly after that.
- ICYMI: DII Southern New Hampshire has made their choice, offering Boston University assistant (and former LIU Brooklyn head coach) Jack Perri their men’s basketball job. More from last night HERE.
- ICYMI part 2: DIII Vassar College is set to hire Davidson assistant Ryan Mee as their new head coach. Dirt from earlier this week HERE.
- The complete up-to-date list of coaching changes at all levels can he found here: HoopDirt.com Coaching Changes Tracker.
- Remember to follow HoopDirt.com on social media: