Some things that I’ve heard…
- It sounds like Iowa State head coach Steve Prohm will elevate Neill Berry to assistant coach as a replacement for T.J. Otzelberger (became the head coach at South Dakota State). Last season was Berry’s first at Iowa State in the role of Special Assistant to the Head Coach. He previously served as an assistant at High Point, South Carolina, and Western Kentucky.
- I have heard from a great source that former Pitt assistant coach Bill Barton interviewed today at the South Kent School as a possible replacement for Kelvin Jefferson (departed for Old Dominion). Barton had been on Jamie Dixon’s staff for the past five seasons, and has also worked at Marshall and Duquesne. He had a ton of success at the prep level as the head coach at Notre Dame Prep (MA) from 1997-07 where he went 255-66.
- Multiple reports have former Detroit head coach Ray McCallum joining Ron Hunter’s staff at Georgia State. McCallum was released at Detroit this spring following an eight year run (130-132). He has also been the head coach at Houston and Ball State and an assistant at Indiana, Michigan, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin.
- Former Delaware associate head coach Jeff Rafferty has landed on Brian Kennedy’s staff at NJIT. Rafferty had spent the past nine seasons at UD and has also been an assistant at New Hampshire and Texas Pan American.
- We’ve added 9 new college basketball coaching jobs in the past 24-hours, and have a bunch more lined up ready to go. Keep checking our job section for new postings: HoopDirt.com Jobs