A bunch of things that I heard over the long weekend…
- DII Queens College (NY) is making progress in their search for a new head coach. Skype interviews wrapped up last week, and on campus interviews begin today. I have heard that they interviewed a mix of candidates, from DI assistants to DIII head coaches, and are only bringing a small number to campus. More on this one as I hear it.
- I mentioned on Twitter over the weekend that the search at DII Cal (PA) could be over. I have heard from multiple sources that the job has been offered to a current head coach in the Mountain East Conference. Sounds like it could be finalized in the next day or so.
- I have also heard that DII Cal State Los Angeles has made an offer, and it is expected to be accepted either today or tomorrow. I have heard the guy here is a former high major assistant, and current small college head coach.
- Notre Dame head coach Mike Brey will fill one of his vacant assistant spots with former Fighting Irish standout Ryan Humphrey. A first round pick in 2002 (19th – Utah), Humphrey played for three seasons in the NBA before heading overseas. He has spent the past two seasons as the Director of Player Development at Northwestern. An official announcement is expected shortly.
- I have heard that Arkansas Ft. Smith assistant coach Justin Bailey will be named as an assistant at Lamar University later this week. He had been on the UAFS staff for the past four seasons and was previously a graduate assistant at Arizona State. This one will be officially announced later this week