Some things that I’ve heard over the last few days…
- It sounds like new Delaware State AD D. Scott Gines is leaning towards keeping current interim head basketball coach Keith Johnson in place for the season. Johnson took over for former head coach Keith Walker on February 21st after Walker was told that his contract would not be renewed. Johnson has been at Delaware State for the past four seasons and has also served as the head coach at Cheyney University (PA). More on this when it becomes official.
- I have heard that DIII Chatham University is down to three in their search to replace Andrew Garcia (departed for an assistant spot at USC Upstate). It sounds like the final group includes Lincoln University (PA) assistant Dorian Long, and two current Patriot League assistants. More on this one as I hear it.
- I have heard that former St. Peter’s video coordinator Matt Johnston will join the staff at DII Pace University (NY) as a graduate assistant. Before joining John Dunne’s staff prior to last season, Johnston served as a manager at Rutgers working for both Eddie Jordan and Steve Pikiell.
- DIII Thomas College is moving quickly to wrap up their search. The field of 13 Skype interviewees has now been whittled down to 3. The candidates include two non-New England region DIII assistant coaches, and a former Thomas player. I have heard that this could be done by the end of next week.
- On campus interviews have now been scheduled at DIII Lesley University (MA). Should have a list here shortly.
- Work on the street is that a CUNY job has opened. More on this when I can confirm…
- I have heard that Morgan Williams, who spent last season as a manager on Jamion Christian’s staff at Mt. St. Mary’s, will become an assistant coach at Mount Aloysius College (PA). It sounds like he will replace Brian Giesler who will take over as the head women’s basketball at the college.
- Thomas ‘Tank’ Shifffert has been hired as an assistant coach at Arcadia University (PA). He had spent the past two seasons as a graduate assistant at Slippery Rock University (PA), and had also worked as an assistant at Moravian College (PA).
- ICYMI: Dirt from earlier this week (click the links for full stories)….Towson and Robert Morris will hire new DBO’s and IPFW is set to add a new assistant coach.
- The complete up-to-date list of coaching changes at all levels can he found here: HoopDirt.com Coaching Changes Tracker.
- Remember to follow HoopDirt.com on social media: