Catching up on a bunch of things that I’ve heard…
- I have heard from a great source that Drew Gibson will be hired as an assistant at Navy. He would replace David Harris who left to become an assistant at Northern Kentucky. Gibson has been an assistant at DII Augusta University (GA) for the past three seasons. He played collegiately at Wofford, and also spent time on staff there as the DBO.
- I have heard that Mississippi State video coordinator Josh Pierre will join Mike Schrage’s new staff at Elon as the Director of Scouting & Player Development. Before being hired at MSU staff prior to last season, Pierre served in an administrative role at Arkansas State, where he worked alongside current Elon assistant Vince Walden.
- Word on the street is that former Michigan director of player personnel Chinedu Nwachukwu is the leader for an open assistant spot at Dartmouth. He had been on John Beilein’s staff since 2016-17, and was the DBO at Milwaukee before that.
- I have heard that Akron graduate assistant Trent Howard will become a full-time assistant at DII Concord University (WVa). He would replace Adam Blake who became an assistant at the University of North Georgia back in May. An official announcement is expected in the next couple of weeks.
- On campus interviews are underway at DIII CCNY. Two names that I have heard are Tom Parotta (former head coach at Canisius / former assistant at Fairfield, Fordham, Hofstra, and Niagara), and Brian Johnson (served as the head coach at Southern Vermont last season – SVC is closing). It sounds like there are at least two more candidates who have also received on-campus interviews. More on this one as I hear it.
- DIII Nichols College (MA) is getting ready to conduct their on campus interviews. I have heard that there are five candidates – two DI assistants, a D2 assistant, and two D3 assistants. It sounds like interviews will begin this week, and the process will move quickly after that.