A bunch of things to round-out the week…
- In yesterday’s Navy Dirt, I mentioned that Naval Academy Prep head coach Jeromy Yetter was the leader for the vacant assistant spot on Ed DeChellis’ staff. I can now confirm that he has gotten the job. Look for the official announcement shortly.
- I can confirm that former St. Andrews (NC) head coach Andrew Brown has become an assistant coach at DII Winston-Salem State. Brown had spent the past three seasons as the head coach at St. Andrews. More on this when the official announcement is made next week.
- A new name has entered the mix at DIII Curry College. Back on June 1st, HoopDirt.com published the list of finalists the replace Malcolm Wynn as the head coach for the Colonels (DIII DIRT: Curry College Finalists). Now that Hartford’s Matt Blue is no longer in the mix (Lafayette Dirt), I have heard that Wheelock (MA) head coach Matt Levangie is gaining steam here. He has been at Wheelock since 2012, and has also been an assistant at DII Stonehill College, and the associate head coach at DIII Lasell College. Sounds like this one will wrap quickly.
- I have heard that NJCAA South Georgia State assistant coach Josh Mendenhall has resigned to pursue an opportunity outside of coaching. Word on the street is that former SGSU player Andrei Hall is on the short list to replace him. Hall spent last year as an assistant at the HS level.
- Jon Mulder has been promoted to full-time assistant at Colorado Christian. He had been on the CCU staff for the past four seasons, and worked for CCU head coach Kevin Lubbers as a student at Trinity Christian College before that. CCU won the National Christian College Athletic Association National Championship this past season.