DK was on the run yesterday – a bunch of “dirt” to get caught up on today…
- A great source has told me that Army assistant Sean Rutigliano will be named as an assistant at Lipscomb. Rutigliano just completed his fourth season at Army, and was an assistant at Ouachita Baptist (AR) before joining the Black Knights staff. He also spent time as an assistant at University of Alabama-Huntsville.
- I have heard that Temple graduate manager Jimmy Fenerty is in the mix for a spot on Fran O’Hanlon’s staff at Lafayette. The 2013 graduate of Dickinson College (PA) has been on the Temple staff since 2013.
- Word on the street is that Jimmy Langhurst will join Patrick Beilein’s new staff at LeMoyne. Last season, Langhurst was an assistant at IUP and was part of a squad that went 31-7 and advanced to the NCAA DII National Championship game. After graduating from Robert Morris in 2010, he played professionally overseas for three seasons before returning to work for the Hoop Group in 2013.
- It sounds like New Mexico JC will add Allen Harris as an assistant. He was an assistant last season as an assistant at Richard Bland College (VA). Harris graduated from DII Virginia State in 2014. Before playing at VSU, he played at DII St. Anselm College (NH), where he was the 2010-2011 Northeast-10 Conference Rookie of the Year and ECAC Rookie of the Year averaging 17.0 points and 6.3 rebounds per game.
- I have heard that former Northern Kentucky assistant Ethan Faulkner will join the staff at Mt. Vernon Nazarene (OH). Faulkner was a four-year player at NKU (2009-13), and spent spent the 2013-14 season as a student assistant for the Norse. He was promoted to full-time assistant prior to the 2014 season, and was not retained this off-season when John Brannen took over.
- I have heard that Trevor Davis has been hired as an assistant at Blinn College (TX). Davis spent last season as an assistant at Bossier Parrish CC (LA), and was a GA at Northwestern State (LA) before that.