A bunch of things that I’ve heard over the past few days…
- It sounds like Radford assistant coach Chris Hawkins will be joining Reggie Witherspoon’s new staff at Canisius. Hawkins has been at Radford (his alma mater) since 2011, and was also an assistant there from 1997-2000. He has previously worked for Witherspoon at Buffalo from 2000-2007. Sounds like this one could be made official shortly.
- I have heard that former Texas standout Reggie Freeman will become an assistant coach at Missouri West Plains. The fourth all-time leading scorer in Longhorns history, Freeman played professionally overseas for 20-years before he retired. Last season was his first as an assistant coach at Eastern Florida State.
- It sounds like Justin Brown will become an assistant at South Plains College (TX). Brown, a former player at SPC, was most recently at assistant coach at Utah State University-Eastern. He will replace Jase Herl who became an assistant at Colorado State earlier this spring.
- Boston University Video Coordinator Zander Tasch has resigned in order to accept a position outside of basketball. BU will promote Assistant Video Coordinator Dave Feinstein as his replacement.
- The search for a new head coach at Penn State Altoona is moving along. I have heard that they will be conducting phone interviews with the committee next Tuesday and Wednesday. After that, a small group will be selected for on campus interviews.
- The search at DII NYIT is also starting to move…I have heard that the field has been narrowed down to five, and there is a heavy MAAC presence in the group.
- Matt Adams has joined the staff at DIII UMass-Boston. He has previously served as an assistant at DII Pfeiffer College (NC) and DII Franklin Pierce (NH). He also spent time as the associate head coach at Keene State (NH).