A few things that I’ve heard…
- It sounds like former Evansville head coach Marty Simmons will be joining the basketball staff at Clemson. Simmons’ son Blake tweeted the following: “Orange and Purple just got a little more exciting. Congrats Dad for joining the Clemson staff!” Simmons had spent the past 11-seasons at Evansville (184-175) before being released following the 2017-18 season (17-15). Clemson head coach Brad Brownell and Simmons had served as assistants together at Evansville in the early 1990’s.
- I can confirm that Stony Brook will hire Jake Ness as their new Director of Basketball Operations. Ness had most recently served as a player development assistant with the Dallas Mavericks. He played collegiately at Boise State. An official announcement is expected shortly.
- Brandt Danals has been named as the new head basketball coach at NAIA DII Silver Lake College (WI). He had spent the past five seasons as an assistant at Indiana Tech. Danals will also serve as the Athletic Director at SLC.
- Eastern Oklahoma State head coach Scott Edgar has added Matt Dillard to his staff as an assistant coach. Dillard has previously worked at Oklahoma Baptist University, Missouri State West Plains, Seminole State (OK), and Western Oklahoma State.
- The complete up-to-date list of coaching changes at all levels can he found here: HoopDirt.com Coaching Changes Tracker.
- Remember to follow HoopDirt.com on social media: