A few things as we get ready to roll into the 4th…
- I have heard that the leader to replace Damian Pitts as the head coach DIII Centenary University (NJ) is current assistant Jason Geleski. A longtime coach (who also spent ten years in the Army), Geleski has had a bunch of stops in the NY/NJ area, including serving as the interim head coach at Felician (1997), as an assistant at William Patterson, and as the head women’s coach at Hostos. An official announcement is expected shortly here.
- Bristol Community College (MA) head coach Rob Delaleu has resigned. He had been at the helm for the past 11-seasons, and led his squad to a 26-4 record last season. He will remain at the college in his full time role as the Director of the Multicultural student Center, and the school will search for a new part-time head coach.
- Some staff updates from DIII Sarah Lawrence College…Top Assistant Jay Modi has departed the staff after one season and is taking a player development position with the Dallas Mavericks (we should have this job posting soon). The 2nd assistant will be filled by Will Braden who recently graduated from Sewanee. Finally, volunteer assistant Tian Tang is also leaving after one season to take over as the GA at St. Thomas Aquinas College (NY)
- Evan Wyllie has been named as the graduate assistant at the University of West Florida. Wyllie was most recently the Head Boys Basketball Coach at Frankfort Community High School (IL) where he lead the Redbirds to a 21-11 record and a Class 2A Regional Championship. His younger brother, Casey, is an Assistant Coach at Olney Central College.
- ICYMI: From earlier today – an update on the search at Holy Cross HERE.