Some things that I’ve heard…
- Willie Jones has been promoted to associate head coach at NC A&T. He has been on the Aggies staff for the past two season, and has also worked at Florida A&M, Jacksonville University, Charleston Southern, South Carolina State, and Tennessee State.
- I have heard that two assistants from DII St. Martins University (WA) are on the move. It sounds like Adam Ellis is headed to Western Oregon, while Mike Hayward will land at Pacific Lutheran. Ellis, the former head coach at Blue Mountain CC (OR), had been on the staff since 2016, while Hayward had been at SMU since 2015.
- Jay Shunnar has been named as the graduate manager at Michigan. He played collegiately at Toledo, and spent last season as the head coach at Ann Arbor’s Huron high school. I have also heard that Shunnar’s assistant coach Tell White will join the staff at Emmanuel College (MA). White has also spent time working in player development for the Dallas Mavericks, and served as an assistant at his alma mater Endicott College (MA).
- PJ Forrest will become the graduate assistant at the University of Colorado-Colorado Springs. The UCCS alum had most recently been coaching the Texas Tigers AAU.
- New Lancaster Bible University (PA) head coach Andrew Wingreen has added Kyle Stramara to his staff. Stramara had spent the past three seasons as the head basketball coach at West Shore Christian Academy (PA).
- Jhason Clark has been hired as an assistant coach at SUNY New Paltz. Clark has been the coach of the Albany City Rocks Orange 17U AAU squad.
- I have heard that Matt Johnson will be retained as the assistant coach at Johnson & Wales (NC) by new head coach Dan Larkin. Before joining the JWU staff two seasons ago, spent four years as an assistant coach at Vance Granville Community College (NC).
- The complete up-to-date list of coaching changes at all levels can he found here: HoopDirt.com Coaching Changes Tracker.
- Remember to follow HoopDirt.com on social media: