Catching up on a bunch of things…
- Former Holy Cross assistant Freddie Owens will land on the staff at Patriot League foe Loyola (MD). This was first reported by Evan Daniels. He will replace A.J. Guyton who recently went back to his hometown of Peoria, IL to become the Director of Athletics for the Peoria Public Schools. Owens had been at Holy Cross for four seasons, and also worked at Utah Valley, Oregon State and Montana.
- I can confirm that Ryan Wise, who spent last season as a graduate assistant at Mercer, has been named as the associate head coach at DIII St. Vincent College (PA). Before joining Bob Hoffman’s staff at Mercer, Wise served as an assistant at WVU Tech.
- Speaking of Bob Hoffman…I have heard his name come up multiple times surrounding the opening at DII Central Oklahoma. It sounds like UCO is moving quickly in their search to replace Tom Hankins who resigned last week. Hoffman is an Oklahoma native who had a really good run at Mercer over the past 11 seasons.
- East Carolina has hired Evan Edwards as a graduate assistant. He had spent the previous two seasons as an assistant coach at NJCAA Wake Tech (NC).
- Stephen Rodgers will become the graduate assistant at NAIA Missouri Baptist. Rodgers has most recently been working in a scouting / basketball operations position for Big Shots.
- Ryan Borzager has been named as the new head coach at Harrisburg Area CC. The Central PA native was most recently an assistant at Haverford College (PA), and has also been an assistant at IU South Bend.
- I have heard that Forest Hicks will be hired as an assistant coach at NJCAA Rock Valley College (IL). He had been a graduate assistant at NAIA William Penn University (IA) for the past two seasons, and also spent time as an assistant at KCKCC.