Back from vacation for a few days before heading out again. Catching up on some things that I’ve heard…
- It sounds like Mike Cyprien has joined the basketball staff at Southeastern Louisiana. Most recently, the New Orleans native (and SLU alum) had worked as an assistant at Independence Community College (KS). He has previously been an assistant at SLU (2011-14) and has also spent time at Arkansas Monticello and Rogers State (OK).
- Cody Cohen, who has spent the past two seasons as the video coordinator at Murray State, will become an assistant coach at Palm Beach State. Before coming to Murray State, Cohen served as a graduate assistant at Florida Atlantic.
- Last week, I mentioned the four finalists at Elizabeth City State (DII DIRT). I have now heard that the announcement will be made in the next 48-hours. Waiting for a second confirmation, but I’m fairly sure I know who got it. More when I know for sure.
- Tyler Slick has been hired as an assistant coach at North Dakota State College of Science. Last season he was an assistant at Minnesota State University Mankato. He has also spent the past two years working with the DI Minnesota Rise AAU program.
- Spartanburg Methodist (SC) has hired Jerome Coney as an assistant coach. He had spent the past four seasons as an assistant at Southern Wesleyan (SC), and also worked at his alma mater Anderson University (SC) for three seasons.
- Mark Polsgrove has been elevate to associate head coach at DII Lees-McRae College (NC). Polsgrove joined Steve Hardin’s staff prior to last season and had previously served as the director of player development at Appalachian State.
- The complete up-to-date list of coaching changes at all levels can he found here: HoopDirt.com Coaching Changes Tracker.
- Remember to follow HoopDirt.com on social media: