DK headed out on vacation tomorrow….here are some things I’ve heard while packing my Speedo…
- Louisiana Tech assistant Shawn Forrest has joined the SMU staff. It’s been an odd off season for Forrest – he was on the Western Kentucky staff this past season, and was not retained when Ray Harper was let go. He then was hired at UTSA in early May, but jumped ship shortly after that to join Eric Konkol’s staff at Louisiana Tech. After spending the summer there, he is now headed to SMU. The official announcment is expected shortly.
- New Post College (CT) head coach Marc Kuntz has hired two assistant coaches – Justin Lang and Mike Maczko. Lang had spent the past three seasons as an assistant at RIC. He has also been an assistant at Plymouth State, and worked at UNH as a student. Maczko had been an assistant coach at Johns Hopkins, and a GA at Georgia Tech.
- Matt Elkin, who served as a graduate manager at Northeastern for the past two seasons has joined Alex Popp’s staff at Vermont Academy. Popp has also hired former Gunnery School (CT) head coach Josh Cabrera.
- UPike assistant Randy Casey has departed Kelly Wells staff and has been named as the head coach of Donnie Tyndall’s TNG Prep Academy. Casey had spent the past three seasons at UPike and has also served as a HS coach in Kentucky.
- Dalton State (GA) assistant coach John Redman has become the head coach at St. Paul’s Episcopal School (AL). He had been at Dalton State for the past three seasons.