It’s been a crazy week with the start of school – finally getting caught up on a bunch of things I’ve heard…
- Syracuse staffer Eric Devendorf will become the assistant to the head coach to Mike Davis at Detroit. The former Orange standout had spent the past two seasons as the assistant strength and conditioning coach on Jim Boeheim’s staff. He released the following statement on Twitter: HERE.
- Dee Frazier has become the video coordinator on new head coach Darrell Walker’s new staff at Little Rock. Frazier worked with Walker last season at Clark Atlanta. An official announcement is expected shortly.
- Al Paul has become the Director of Player Development at Boston University. There has not been an official announcement by the school, but WTBU’s Greg Levinsky reported the hiring HERE. Paul had spent the past two seasons as an assistant at Putnam Science Academy.
- Former UNCW standout Craig Ponder has joined the Arkansas State staff as a graduate assistant. He has most recently played professionally in England.
- Marquis Pollard will be named as an assistant coach at Northern Vermont University-Lyndon. Pollard had spent time as an assistant coach at his alma mater Thomas College, and also served as the head coach of the post grad team at Washington Academy Prep (NC). He was a finalist for the head job at Thomas this past summer.
- Skype interviews for the vacant head coach position at Brandeis are under way today. I’ve heard at least two Ivy League assistants, one Patriot League assistant, and three DIII head coaches (2 from good conferences, one from a terrible one) are on the docket. More on this search as I hear it.
- I have now heard from two great sources that Todd Shelton will join the staff at Garden City CC (KS). Shelton had served at the DBO at North Texas for a couple seasons, and is a long-time high school and AAU coach in Texas.
- Wentworth Institute of Technology will hire Phil Alibrandi and Ian Dellechiaie as assistant coaches. Alibrandi has spent time as an assistant at Curry, Emerson, and his alma mater Regis College. Dellechiaie interned at Holy Cross most recently, and has also served as a HS assistant in the area.
- The complete up-to-date list of coaching changes at all levels can he found here: HoopDirt.com Coaching Changes Tracker.
- Remember to follow HoopDirt.com on social media: