A few updates on some New England DIII searches as I prepare to join all of the old folks at the Hall & Oates concert tonight…
- Emmanuel College: The Saints have wrapped up their search for a new head coach. I have heard from multiple sources that Danny Lawson is the leader here, and the announcement could come as early as tomorrow. Lawson is the son of long-time Bentley College head coach Jay Lawson, and has worked as an assistant at Duquesne as an assistant and as the DBO at LIU. He spent last season as an assistant at Endicott.
- Curry College: The long, strange search at Curry continues. The first coach that they offered their job to a few weeks ago turned it down (current part-time head coach in New England). It took them a while to figure out plan B. It sounds like they had their next two choices on campus earlier this week (a New England assistant and an out of region DIII guy). Still waiting for word though. More as I hear it.
- Rhode Island College: The five finalists have been on campus over the past week. At least two current Massachusetts DIII head coaches, and one RI DI assistant are in the mix. It sounds like they want to make an announcement by next week.
- Lesley University: I can confirm that phone interviews had started, with at least one former DI head coach in the mix. Trying to the bottom of it, but seems like they are now pumping the breaks on the search. More as I hear it.
- Brandeis: Zzzzzzzzzz…..hopefully they have someone in place by October 15th.
- The complete up-to-date list of coaching changes at all levels can he found here: HoopDirt.com Coaching Changes Tracker.
- Remember to follow HoopDirt.com on social media: