Assistant Basketball Coach:
- Work with the Head Basketball and Head Postgraduate Basketball Coach to assist in building a highly competitive program, that is able to compete at a high level
- Assist with oversight of three levels within the basketball program, The Postgraduate basketball program, the Prep Program and well as Varsity level – this includes year-round training program for athletes with an emphasis on skill development and strength and conditioning, creating a competitive schedule, practice planning, and game management.
- Assist in recruiting high character individuals to Phelps School that are mission appropriate student-athletes
- Assist in the placement of student-athletes to top colleges and universities that are the right fit.
- Advising students through our student advisory program
- Serving the school’s residential and student life program
- Serving as an advisor to a select number of students
- Teaching ability preferred but not required
Residential Life Duties Include:
- Attending to the needs, health, safety, and wellness of the students under their care.
- Supervising student residential life on campus from the evening through the morning hours on weekdays and weekends.
- Chaperoning students for activities, athletics, and outdoor adventure experiences.
- Sleeping overnight on campus within their own apartments, ready to wake up in case of emergencies.
- Building appropriate relationships of trust with students.
- Proctoring nightly study hall
- Carrying out daily room inspections
- Helping students to wake up and exit the dorm in time for breakfast and classes
- The health and wellness of our students
- Responding to student behavior with appropriate positive and negative consequences
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred)
- National level Post-Graduate and/or collegiate coaching experience and/or professional playing experience
- Experience teaching and working closely with adolescents of various ages
- Desire to be actively engaged in the school community
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to support the residential life needs of a boarding school community