Position Summary: Coordinate and supervise student’s activities and RA Staff within the residence halls, by promoting a sense of community and an environment for personal growth. The assistant coach will assist the head coach to evaluate, identify, and recruit quality student-athletes. Additionally, this position will support and assist with all aspects of the training program (including strength and conditioning); practice and meet management; travel coordination; camps and clinics; and other administrative duties as assigned. Instructing student-athletes in the team sport will consume more than half of work time. This is a full-time, live-in residence hall position. This position will serve as a Campus Security Authority (CSA) and fulfill reporting obligations as required by the Clery Act.
Essential Functions: Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to
Residence Life Coordinator
- Provide training and supervision of Resident Assistants (RA’s).
- Be available through scheduled office hours, and actively work with students and staff to promote the development of community within the halls.
- Serve as a programming resource for staff and students.
- Plan and present developmental and educational programs within the residence halls; support programming efforts of Student Services department (i.e., Alcohol Awareness Week, etc.).
- Advise students as necessary and appropriate. Serve as a College referral agent.
- Uphold and enforce College and Residence Life policies and procedures.
- Respond to critical or emergency situations. Assure adequate emergency and duty coverage for the area.
- Report damages and maintenance needs of rooms and public areas to Physical Plant Director and/or the Director of Residence Life.
- Maintain accurate records consistent with current college policies.
- Maintain compliance with state and federal regulations and policies, ex. FERPA, Title IV, Title IX, Clery, etc.
- Manage and report building occupancy and related housing procedures, communicating regularly with the Director of Residence Life.
- Monitor the fiscal operations of assigned budgets.
- Assist with hall opening and closing procedures, providing students with a welcoming environment.
- Provide for the safety and security of persons and property in the residence halls.
- Be familiar with residence hall facilities through regular tours, health and safety inspections, maintenance of furniture and equipment inventories, and other facilities tasks.
- Assume On-Call Coordinator responsibilities on an equal rotation basis.
- Serve as the RHA Club Sponsor.
- Responsible for assisting in the planning, implementation and administration of all facets of the program; including recruitment.
- Duties include but are not limited to: recruiting, travel planning, overseeing academics, maintenance, game day prep and coaching.