The Community Affairs and Youth Basketball Manager will be responsible for managing and executing community initiatives within specific programs that results in providing an impact in the community as well as enhancing the positive image of the Pelicans’ brand. The manager will also have the goal of utilizing the Pelicans brand to create excitement and increase youth basketball participation across the state and gulf coast.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Works with other departments, schools and community organizations to ensure the successful planning and execution of all community initiatives, programs and events.
- Ensures all sponsored programs for community relations and youth basketball are executed according to contractual obligations and works with Partnership Marketing Specialists to ensure partner objectives are met.
- Manages all Youth Basketball programs such as Junior Training Camps and Jr NBA week.
- Works with Marketing, Game Operations, Communications and Broadcast departments to create awareness of all community initiatives to further enhance the Pelicans brand as a vested community partner.
- Organize assemblies, in-arena game presentations, school reading timeouts, ribbon cuttings, school and community group nights and various other community events.
- Works in unison with all departments to ensure all Pelicans community efforts not only meet the needs of the community but also creates shared value within business operations for the organization.
- Manages the kids club program as a youth fan development tool.
- Contributes to the development and growth of NBA league initiatives such as Fit week, Hoops for Troops and Season of Giving.
- Develops beneficial strategic relationships with non-profit organizations, civic groups and school administration in order to grow the image of the organization in the community as a vested community partner.
- Experience managing staff preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4 year College or University
- Community minded individual with 3+ years experience working with community programs, non-profit, civic, and community groups.
- Ability to organize and run youth basketball camps and clinics.
- Personable, assertive, and articulate.
- Excellent writing, organizational, and planning skills are a must.
- Public speaking skills required
- Ability to express ideas clearly, concisely, and logically.
- Must be able to work effectively with internal and external constituents.
- Must be a self starter capable of managing multiple tasks.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications.
- Must be available to work after normal business hours, weekends and some holidays.
- Must be able to lift 25+ pounds
- Must be able to work outside