The Director of Special Projects for Men’s BASKETBALL will be responsible for producing promotional content (video and graphic) specific to recruiting on behalf of the UW Men’s BASKETBALL program. This role includes the design and implementation of video elements for the purpose of program brand marketing, recruiting and player specific elements within the Creative Services Team for the Men’s BASKETBALL program.
- The Director of Special Projects will work collaboratively with the Director of Operations and members of the Creative Marketing Team on the development and production of content for recruiting purposes. Create a detailed promotional plan for recruiting for the men’s BASKETBALL program including a detailed thematic outlook and strategic goals.
- Produce team video integration pieces including player and coach features, team introductions and other elements. Produce videos geared at promoting the men’s BASKETBALL program and coaching staff for recruiting.
- Devise a schedule of specialty content to be created throughout the season. Spearhead specialty projects for the Men’s BASKETBALL program such as special webcasts, advertising spots, and other live/live to tape broadcasts of Husky BASKETBALL events. Create branded items to be used in the recruiting process of the Men’s BASKETBALL program.
- Manage content of UW Men’s BASKETBALL recruiting social media accounts including posts and updates on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Create a consistent brand and personality for social media accounts. Update as needed. Design graphics and other elements for dissemination on social media platforms. Provide support to the coaching staff in use of social media on multiple platforms by updating and posting in sync with the Men’s BASKETBALL brand. Coordinate with the UW Compliance office to ensure all content complies with NCAA recruiting rules.
- Coordinate with other members of the Creative Services and Marketing Teams to ensure branding and artistic style are consistent across all design mediums and consistent with approved content.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Coach and coaching staff.
Compliance with the rules and regulations of the University, the NCAA, the PAC-12 Conference, the State of Washington and any other governing body is of paramount importance to the University. The overall responsibility of this position is for the successful operation of the program in full compliance with all such rules and regulations. As a condition of employment, the Employee shall be required to participate in rules education programs offered by the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics.