Head Basketball Coach – Fisher College – Part-time
|Conference:||Association of Independent Institutions|
Fisher College is seeking a dedicated and passionate team player to serve as Head Coach of the Men’s Basketball Team. The head coach, under the supervision of the Director of Athletics, will develop, implement and supervise all phases of the intercollegiate Men’s Basketball program within the guidelines of the athletics department, Fisher College, and the NAIA. The head coach, under the supervision of the Director of Athletics, will develop, implement and supervise all phases of the intercollegiate Men’s Basketball program within the guidelines of the athletics department, Fisher College, and the NAIA.
COACHING FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for monitoring recruitment needs, recruiting a sufficient number of new student-athletes annually, retaining current student-athletes and providing monthly recruiting reports to the Director of Athletics.
2. Assist student-athletes going through eligibility requirements/compliance paperwork.
3. Teach sport skills, condition and motivate student-athletes to positive action and utilize effective offensive and defensive strategies to produce a successful on the court/field student experience.
4. Monitor student-athlete attendance, academic progress and graduation.
5. Oversee and monitor the conduct of the student-athletes and under the direction of the Director of Athletics and the Dean of Students, oversee discipline of student athletes if necessary.
6. Plan, prepare and administer practices plans and game strategy plans.
7. Create and organize off-season, in-season and post seasons plans and provide weekly report to Director of Athletics.
8. Work with Director of Athletics to arrange team schedules, including travel to games and practice.
9. Work with Director of Athletics to ensure game day operations are in place, including officials, venue and trainers.
10. Maintain regular office hours on campus.
11. Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Sport Management or related field, Master’s degree preferred
For immediate consideration please send a letter of interest, résumé and cover letter to Robert Melaragni, Interim Director of Athletics, [email protected].