A bunch of things going on as we sit through another storm in New England…
- Interviews have wrapped up at Colorado State, and a decision is expected shortly. I have heard South Dakota’s Craig Smith and Utah assistant DeMarlo Slocum have interviewed. I have also that Montana’s Travis DeCuire interviewed, but will not take the job. Oklahoma assistant Chris Crutchfield is also believed to be involved.
- In yesterday’s Daily Dirt, I mentioned the search at Utah State. To update the list…I have been told to scratch off UC Davis head coach Jim Les. I’ve also been told that USU has shown interest in Wright State head coach Scott Nagy. More on this search as I hear it.
- I keep hearing former Missouri State head coach Paul Lusk is involved at DII McKendree (IL) and appears to be the leader. Another name to keep an eye on however is Matt Laur. The former assistant at SIUE was the NAIA DI Player of the Year at McKendree as a senior (2003). He has most recently been a HS coach in Illinois.
- Very early at Tennessee State, but some names to keep an eye on…Illinois State assistant Penny Collins (former TSU staffer), Belmont assistant James Strong (former player and assistant at Vanderbilt), and former Tennessee assistant Tony Jones.
- New UTEP head coach Rodney Terry will be bringing Brian Burton and Nick Matson with him from Fresno State. No word on the rest of the staff yet.
- Lincoln Land CC (IL) head coach Chad Jones has resigned and will move to the women’s side. He had been the men’s coach at LCCC for the past 17 seasons. HoopDirt.com will have the job posting shortly. **UPDATE: Job now posted HERE**
- Early name at DII Young Harris College (GA) is West Florida assistant Brian Benator. Before coming to UWF three seasons ago, he was an assistant at YHC. Another name to keep an eye on is former Charlotte assistant Andre Grey. He has DII experience at both Winston Salem State and Wingate.
- The complete up-to-date list of coaching changes at all levels can he found here: HoopDirt.com Coaching Changes Tracker.