Here are a few things that I’ve heard…
- Tarleton State officially opened yesterday (but had been in the works for a while – teased it last week here). As TSU leaves the Lone Star Conference and transitions to DI (headed to the WAC), a bunch of names have already come up here. The one I hear the most is Billy Gillispie. After Tweeting about it last night, I’ve heard from a lot of people. Some are convinced it’s his, others in the know say no way. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Will have more on this shortly.
- The Joe Scott to Air Force rumors are picking up steam. Scott was the head coach there from 2000-04 (winning 22 games in his final season), before moving on to Princeton and Denver. Scott, who is currently an assistant at Georgia spent 2016-18 as an assistant at Holy Cross – when current Air Force AD Nate Pine was the AD there.
- The search at Georgia Southern is being run by Parker. Current assistant Andrew Wilson has been promoted to interim head coach, and will be in the mix. More names as I hear them.
- Northern Colorado DBO Taylor Green has departed the staff and will become the head coach at the St. John’s School in Houston. He has been on the Bears staff since 2014.
- On Saturday, I mentioned the search at D2 King University. I have now been told that Jason Gillespie is also on this list, and I can confirm that he has made it to the next round. He is the former head coach at both Reinhardt University and Cincinnati Christian. Final round interviews wrap-up this week.
- The up-to-date list of coaching changes at ALL levels can be found HERE.