Here are some things that I’ve heard…
- The search at NJIT is moving a bit slowly. I have heard that current NJIT assistant Brian Kennedy is the leader to replace Jim Engles, but the administration is kicking the tires on a few other candidates. Most expect Kennedy to get the job, but I’ve seen stranger things happen (Stony Brook…)
- On-campus interviews are beginning at Dartmouth. I have heard that four guys will be making visits to Hanover. I have heard that one of the coaches who will interview is George Mason assistant Dane Fischer. I hope to have the other three names shortly. Here is my original list from last week: Dartmouth Dirt.
- A name that has popped up in the search for a new head coach at DII Lincoln University (PA) is former NBA player Doug Overton. He is a Philadelphia native who played collegiately in his home city at La Salle (Lincoln is about an hour from Philly). Overton was a second round pick by the Pistons in 1991, and played for eight teams during his NBA career.
- Speaking of La Salle…multiple reports have former James Madison head coach Matt Brady joining John Giannini’s staff at La Salle. Brady was released earlier this spring after going 21-11. In his eight seasons at JMU, he compiled a 139-127 record.
- While we’re talking about Matt Brady and JMU…I have heard that one of Brady’s former assistants Rob O’Driscoll will be headed to Drexel where he will join new head coach Zach Spiker’s staff. O’Driscoll, is a Philly native and Villanova alum who had been at JMU since 2008.
- Former UMBC assistant coach Brian Johnson has been named as the head coach at Prince George’s CC (MD). The former standout at Delaware had been at UMBC since 2012, and was an assistant at DII Goldey Beacom College (DE) before that.