Been a busy week in the “dirt” world. Here are a bunch things that I’ve heard…
- Alabama Associate Head Coach Bob Simon will not have his contract renewed – this was first reported by BamaOnline. Simon had been on Avery Johnson’s staff for the past two seasons, and was with Ed Cooley at Providence before that. No word yet on possible replacements.
- I have heard from multiple sources that the search to fill the open assistant position at Sam Houston State is down to three candidates: Panola College assistant Adam Blaylock, Texas Tech GA Hunter Jenkins, and a current JC head coach in the KJCCC. Sounds like this will be done soon.
- La Salle DBO Matt Bloom has departed the staff and will become the head coach at Rutgers Prep (NJ). Bloom served as the video coordinator at La Salle for two seasons before being promoted to DBO back in 2014. He is also a former Hoop Group staffer.
- Speaking of guys headed to the HS level…Kevin Muff, who resigned as the head coach at DII Pitt State (KS) earlier this spring, has become the head coach at Washburn Rural HS (KS). Muff went 97-102 in his seven seasons at Pitt State – he was replaced by former Missouri head coach Kim Anderson.
- Pratt Institute (moving to DIII) has narrowed their search down to four candidates. On-campus interviews are taking place this week and early next week. I have heard that a decision will be made by the end of next week.
- DIII Elizabethtown has made their choice. I’m sitting on it until I get the green light….
- The final DI searches are wrapping up…check out the finalists at Presbyterian and Grambling State.