- Youngstown State assistant coach Brady Trenkle has resigned. He spent the 2018-19 season on the YSU staff, and was the head coach at Garden City CC (KS) for five seasons before that. Trenkle, who also spent four years as the head coach at Dodge City CC, will become a high school coach in Idaho (he is the son of Hall-of-Famer, and former Southern Idaho head coach Fred Trenkle).
- Speaking of college guys headed to the HS level…Cody Schilling, who spent the past two seasons as the head coach at NAIA Mount Marty College (SD) has become the new coach at Reicher Catholic HS in Waco. Schilling resigned at Mount Marty back in June, and moved to Waco to be with his wife who is the Associate AD at Baylor.
- Cleveland State Director of Basketball Operations Tommy Strine has departed to accept a similar position at Lamar. Last season was his first at CSU – he had previously served as the DBO at American. He replaces Joey Cantafio who was elevated to assistant coach earlier this spring.
- Oral Roberts graduate assistant Freddie Zamora will be named as an assistant at Owen CC (OH). Zamora had been at ORU for the past two seasons, and played collegiately at Ohio Christian University.
- I have heard that Devin Aye will be named as the new head basketball coach at San Jose City College. He was most recently the head coach and AD at Copper Mountain College, and has also been the head coach at both Cosumnes River CC and Lassen CC.
- I have heard that the search at DII Northern Michigan is making progress. It sounds like as many as 15 coaches were interviewed via Skype last week, and that group will be narrowed down to five for on campus interviews.
- Phone interviews begin at DIII SUNY Canton next week. The Kangaroos are working to replace Ben Thompson who became the head coach at Emory & Henry College back in May. I should have some names here soon.