A few things that I’ve heard…
- The search at DII Albany State (GA) sounds like it’s wrapping up. One name that I keep hearing here is former NBA player and coach Lindsey Hunter. The Mississippi native was the 10th overall pick in the 1993 NBA draft, and spent seventeen seasons in the league (Pistons, Bucks, Lakers, Raptors, and Bulls). He also spent time as an assistant with the Suns and Warriors (and served as the interim head coach of the Suns in 2013). More on this search as I hear it.
- A hot name at Alaska Fairbanks is former Central Washington head coach Greg Sparling. Sparling was released at CWU back in March after 24-years as the head coach at the school (386-253). Current Fairbanks Interim Athletic Director & Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs Keith Champagne (who was hired in September) had previously worked with Champagne at CWU for over 20-years.
- It sounds like former Eastern Kentucky DBO Dan Bozzelli will join the staff at DIII Vassar College. Before joining the EKU staff prior to last season, he had worked as an assistant at DePauw University (IN), Nazareth College (NY), Wilmington University (DE) and Rochester Institute of Technology.
- Justin Mann will be named as an assistant coach at Daytona State College. Mann had previously served as an assistant at Thomas University (GA), Eastern Nazarene College (MA), Urbana University (OH), and Meridian Community College (MS). An official announcement here is expected shortly.
- Word on the street is that DIII Penn State Berks has offered their job to a former PSAC head coach. More on this one soon.
- The complete up-to-date list of coaching changes at all levels can he found here: HoopDirt.com Coaching Changes Tracker.
- Remember to follow HoopDirt.com on social media: